Saturday, October 10, 2009

Did Lawrence Chin Cry on the 1st Day of School?

hehehe....I received the following email from Lawrence Chin (the smartest boy in class) in response to Cry Babies of Primary 1:

"When I looked at your blog and some of the events that others brought up in the StJoeForm5(1976) blog, I am amazed with the long term memory you and the others have. I have images of the past, but the details are extremely (and I mean extremely fuzzy).
But one detail that I know for sure -----
I DID NOT CRY ON MY FIRST DAY IN SCHOOL !!!! This record must be sealed in the history book.

Do you recall how we were all seated in Primary 1? Were we seated in rows and were we divided into groups and each group seated around a cluster of tables? If I recall, we were seated in rows, like the adult students!!!! ..... or am I mistaken? I cannot remember sitting in clusters at any time in my school life. But then my memory is also not too good .....

And Annie Wong was also known as 'an ji gu ni' I think She is so fair and "white" that she reminds us of the lady pictured in the condensed milk tin. Her parents operate the canteen next to the school and the Chin cousins have the pleasure of the fierce Annie Wong during and after school!

The tallest boy was Khoon How. And the tallest girl is Poh Kui Hua (or "Ah Hua"). She towers above all of us boys! And one of the naughtiest boys is Bernard, the small little guy. And who can forget our rounders......
Robert and Cyril Moa are among the best!

Cheers,
LC

Anthony's remarks:

I am still not convinced about the not crying bit... hehehe..especially since my friend says his memory is not too good now, fuzzy... :) Any other witness from Primary 1?

If the brainiest boy in Catholic English Primary School is beginning to have fuzzy memories.... Aiyooo, what chance do ordinary chap like me have? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment